who is dating s e cupp - M i l f dating leics
This area of the Soar was split into two channels: a main stream to the east and a narrower channel on the west, with a presumably marshy island between.
75) is one of the very few old houses in the town, being a 17thcentury timber-framed building with a massive central chimney-stack and chamfered beams to the ceilings. Other fairs, for horses and cattle, on 18 February and 31 October, and a statutory fair 14 days before Michaelmas, which existed in 1850 (fn. 10) and in 1233 the day was changed to Saturday, (fn. In 1314 a grant for five years of dues on all goods brought into the town was made to the priory for the paving of the town. 12) Twenty years later a grant of pontage for the repair of the bridge was made to 'the bailiffs and goodmen' of Nuneaton. 13) This suggests the existence of something in the nature of a manorial borough, which is borne out by a charter of 1227 by which Sibyl the Prioress and Robert the Prior of Nuneaton grant that all who hold burgages from them in the town shall hold them as freely as the burgesses of the Prior of Coventry hold in Coventry. 14) There are many references to burgages and half-burgages in Nuneaton, some of which were in 'Bakhouse Lane', between 13, (fn. 19) probably benefited the larger farmers at the expense of the poor, and in August 1756 Nuneaton was one of the places where there were serious riots over the price of corn.
The third road runs south through Chilvers Coton and Griff to Bedworth; and the fourth eastwards across the Anker, where it branches left as Bond Gate, (fn. The Coventry Canal crosses the parish just west of the town, which is an important junction on the London, Midland and Scottish Railway, lines radiating thence in six directions, though the branch to Ashby-de-la-Zouch is now closed for passenger traffic. 4) King Henry II granted to the priory a fair on the feast on the Invention of the Holy Cross (3 May) and four days following, (fn. The houses of 'two substantial tradesmen' were sacked and demolished by the mob, who also threatened the mills.
Long Lane divided the parishes of Swannington and Whitwick (both lying to the north of Long Lane) from the parishes of Snibston and Ibstock (both lying to the south).
Hugglescote and Donington-le-Heath were part of Ibstock parish until 1878.
Leicester landmarks: (clockwise from top-left) Jewry Wall, National Space Centre, Arch of Remembrance, Central Leicester, Curve theatre, Leicester Cathedral and Guildhall, Welford Road Stadium, Leicester Market In the 2011 census the population of the City of Leicester unitary authority was 329,839 making it the most populous municipality in the East Midlands region.